Wednesday 2 May 2012

SNAPSHOT: Alice McCAll MBFWA




'Babushka Babe' pretty much sums up Alice McCall's new Spring Summer 12/13 collection for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia. A gorgeous use of hungarian style embroidery, whimsical white sheers, and of course the quirky yet cute dress sihouettes-a signature style of McCall. Pulled together by a modern take on Russian Babushka dolls, models strutted down the runway with soft 'heidi braides' and doll inspired makeup with a fresh take. 
I have always been a fan of Alice McCall's work and her latest collection definitely did not fail to IMPRESS!  To me summer style calls or simplicity and McCall successfully incorporates lightweight fabrics as her base-perfect to blow in the summer breese. However staying true to her individual style, McCall injects a BANG of rich colours through her detailed embroidery and print which is what makes this collection ohhhhh so dreamy and exuberant of life-Which is all what Summer is about!
I definitely have my fingers crossed that this collection will be out in time for my 21st! So to my lovely family and friends who will soon be fretting what to get me for my birthday....never fear, your clue lies here ;)

Beijinhos.xx